The Thinking Manager
This popular 2-day program focuses on the changes you will encounter in your transition from Self Managee to Manager and Manager to a Leader. For organizations, the promotion of staff is a regular occurrence. However one of the most daunting promotions is that from an Executive to a Manager. A day before, you are responsible for completing your personal tasks and the next moment you managing the task of others.
Many expect a smooth transition from an executive to a manager; however, the truth is that the journey is long and tricky one. It is therefore, critical that the questions be answered and doubts of newly promoted managers be dispelled as soon as possible. This program is designed for recently appointed Managers or soon to be managers. It is presented in two parts; beginning with the personal development skills needed for the new manager and thereafter proceeding to the management of others.
It’s a toolbox of skills and hands-on knowhow for managing and leading a team. Understanding and managing the transition into management. Each subject grooms specific objectives focussed on developing Macro leadership skills to attain Modelling, Driving and Mentoring. To manage less and lead more!
At the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- Unlearn and relearn specific management techniques
- Develop a broad understanding of current Managerial techniques
- Uncover potential obstacles and work towards a win-win solution
- Instil culture and corporate values to go beyond expectations
- Personalize your Leadership Style
- Create a road map – redefine standards to enhance your effectiveness in managing people
- Win confidence of associates by being attentive, always available and reliable
- Understand your role in the life cycle of the employee – recruitment, induction, probation, appraisal, promotion, etc.
- Delegate effectively – what, when and how
- Understand what motivates your team members
- Establish your credibility, approachability and authority
- Use coaching to encourage individual ownership and responsibility
- Deal with conflict within the team and
- Be aware of your strengths and weaknesses in managing others
- Develop an action plan for your return to work
For more information, please contact us at:
firstname.lastname@example.org / (60) 3 9102 1021Date(s) - 08/05/2018 - 09/05/2018