Structured Interviewing Skills for Managers
Interviewing sounds easy enough: you arrange for a conversation between you and potential candidates, and then select the best person for a particular position. The process of hiring new people for your department or organization can be a daunting one especially if you are not from a HR background, if you are new to HR or Recruitment, or if you have not been trained on interviewing. What if you could refine the process in such a way that you were confident that you are selecting the right person? How do you separate the good from the great, when they have similar work experience and strengths to offer?
This practical 2-day workshop gives you all the skills and techniques you need to first prepare yourself as a competent interviewer. It then walks you through the whole interviewing process by first determining the skills you require in your new hire, to how to conduct the interview itself using various techniques to ensure that you are able to assess each candidate holistically and confidently.
This workshop also concentrates on the pre-interview preparation; developing questions and their value; the interview techniques that get specific, behaviour-based examples of past performance; and the strategies that follow through on this process. This workshop takes the interview even further with a discussion of communication techniques and the use of other types of interview questions, including competency based interviewing techniques.
Ultimately this workshop gives you the skills needed to separate the good candidates from the great and pick the one that is the best match, based on the Psychometric test results of the candidate, for your department and for your organization.
At the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- Develop a fair and consistent interviewing process for selecting employees.
- Be able to develop a job analysis and position profile.
- Use traditional, behavioral, competency based, and situational (critical-incident) interview questions.
- Develop an interview guide.
- Use a rate or scoring system.
- Prepare better job advertisements and use a variety of markets.
- Enhance communication skills that are essential for a skilled recruiter.
- Effectively interview difficult applicants.
- Effectively conduct an interview.
- Use Psychometric tests to make decisions.
For more information, please contact us at:
firstname.lastname@example.org / (60) 39102 1021Date(s) - 24/01/2018 - 25/01/2018